I can’t believe the second week of the Sunny Side Up! is almost complete! This has been another busy week for me and it has been challenging yet fulfilling as I work on this project . I already feel like this study has changed my life and how I view the world. Most importantly, I have learned that everyone has a story that makes them who they are; I have been lucky enough over the past few weeks to read some of these stories. It has been so enlightening to have my peers share their happiness with me and I have been so pleased by the positive responses from so many people.
So what happened this week at The Sunny Side Up?
- Contacted over 850 students and interviewed over 200 regarding what happiness means to them
- Met with Greg Woodburn and learned about his project, Give Running (you can read his story here: http://giverunning.org/default.aspx)
- Got an A on my chemistry exam and celebrated my “Big Sis” Kelly’s 20th birthday!
I’d like to especially thank all of my peers this week for being so helpful with my research on happiness. I have laughed, cried, and smiled throughout the entire process of reading your stories and I’m so grateful for your input.
Next week at The Sunny Side Up:
- I will be completing the interview process and documenting all of the responses. This has been a time consuming process but it is most definitely worth the while!
- I will be reading Happy at Last by Richard O’Connor; I invite you to join along!
- I will be preparing to give my first speech at Toastmasters. This speech is called the “Icebreaker” and I will be sharing “my life story”
I hope that you have had a very sunny week filled with gratitude, joy, and great experiences. And if this hasn’t been the sunniest week of your life, I hope you have been able to find a silver lining amongst the clouds. May we take pride in our lives, realize the power of our dreams, and celebrate happiness today and everyday!
What made you happy this week?