Where did the summer go? New backpacks, new outfits, and new students have walked all around my town this week as school started once again. I don’t officially start school until September 23, but I’ll be moving into my sorority house on September 5 to prepare for Rush (aka the recruiting process for new members). I had a very busy week but it was highly enjoyable and I met many new and charming people. As for completing my Sunny Set goal of the week, which you can read about here, I did not get to watch as many of the classics as I’d hoped. I did watch Vampires Suck (which sucked itself) and I also saw Cape Fear, which I thought was on AFI’s Top 100 list, but it wasn’t. And as I always ask, did that movie make me any happier? Only if you consider waking up at 3:15 in the morning and sleeping on your couch because you were so scared as a sign of happiness. I don’t think I’ll ever see Robert DeNiro the same.
So what happened this week at The Sunny Side Up?
- I spoke four times this week! I spoke twice about hypnosis for my public speaking class and for my Toastmasters club and later in the week I was a guest speaker for two other Toastmasters clubs where I spoke about The Sunny Side Up!.
- I have conducted many interviews for Sunny Stars. If you are interested or know someone who would make a great Sunny Star, please contact me at email@example.com
- I had a fairly relaxing week catching up with old friends and having a fun day at UCLA. I encourage you to say hi to an old friend in this next week!
I’d like to especially thank our Sunny Star, Christina Burcelis, for sharing such a motivational story with us. Her generous heart and gracious spirit is something that we should all strive toward. You can read her story here.
Next week at The Sunny Side Up!
- I’m writing my next speech about hummingbirds for my public speaking class and for Toastmasters. I just got a YouTube account so I’ll share it with you when I complete the project.
- I’m focusing on the Goal Setting chapter this week; it is my “goal” to have it completed by the end of the week.
- I’ll be packing like crazy as I prepare to move into my sorority house!
I hope you had pleasant and delicious week–with only Sunny Side Up! on your plate. I encourage you to make an honest effort to try writing your 5 Daily Gratitudes this week! For an example, you can go here.
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook