Wasn’t this a fun week? Whether or not you came home for Thanksgiving, it’s still nice to have the day off! I hope that you had such a happy week filled with thanks and giving with the people that you love. No matter where you are in your life, or what has happened in your life, I think we can always find something to be thankful for. If nothing else, let us be thankful for our strength to persevere and our courage to continue.
What happened this week at The Sunny Side Up?
1. I enjoyed a relaxing week with my family. I’ve spent a majority of my time laughing, eating, and talking with them and that has been such a treasure. It’s nice to take a break.
2. I had an amazing time with my friends at a lovely brunch and then we went (in the same day) to none other than Souplantation. Two buffets in one day and somehow we’re still walking. I am so thankful for the friends in my life; I couldn’t be happier to know them.
3. I officially have a column in The Odyssey (website coming soon!) and I’m applying for multiple internships. Here’s keeping my fingers *uncrossed*. I actually don’t cross my fingers because keeping them uncrossed makes the peace sign, which I tend to prefer.
Next week at The Sunny Side Up!
1. My sorority sisters and I will be granting Jaden’s wish at the Americana on Thursday night around 6:00 p.m. Jaden is battling lymphatic leukemia and his wish is to have a dinosaur playground. We are beyond excited for this event and our Chi Omega chapter has raised over $10,000 to grant this wish. We will all be there in our dinosaur costumes to play dinosaur tag with him–we can’t wait to meet him! To read more about it, click here.
2. I’m in a bit of a limbo right now preparing for finals. Once I take all those tests, writing for the book will be full speed ahead!
3. I’m looking for Sunny Stars that I have never met! If you know someone that has an inspiring story, please let me know by leaving a comment on the blog or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Don’t you know I’ll be at the Rose Bowl to watch our Bruins beat those Trojans?
I hope you have such a great week as we head into the holiday season–it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Make every day count; even if you are having to study for finals. Remember to never wish your time away. Every day is a blessing that we should be thankful for and happy to have!