Some people love to dance, others are impartial, and others just hate it (perhaps those with two left feet?). I’m one of the people that love to dance and I think it can offer some of our best times. We can forget about the past and the future and just enjoy the present moment. But I think to love dance you also need to love music; it takes the two to tango!
I’m an advocate of all types of dance. Everything from ballroom to ballet to hip hop and “party-style” (I don’t think that style has a name…), I love all kinds of dance. And after 26 hours of UCLA’s Dance Marathon, dancing is fresh on my mind.
I thought I’d share some of my favorite dance memories:
1. Dance Marathon: I had a blast dancing with my sorority sisters and cheering them on.
2. Center Stage: My favorite dance movie!
3. Getting my first pair of pointe shoes: I was nine years old and I loved dancing in those shoes.
4. Date Parties: I always have fun dancing the night away to some of my favorite songs.
5. Teaching Cotillion: I loved teaching the little kids how to cha-cha, swing, and waltz. Too bad the girls are taller than the boys at that age!
6. Father-Daughter Dance: My dad has always been my favorite guy to dance with.
7. Debutante Ball: A waltz that I will always treasure.
8. Weddings: When they play “Shout” I can’t help but get out on the dance floor.
9. Disneyland parades: I think that’s about as happy as dancing can get. They can do a two step like no other.
10. Swing dancing: I love ballroom dancing…and the rhinestones.