It’s been a hectic but thrilling year. From exciting football games in the fall, to hibernating in the winter, spring is upon us and it’s time to crack out of that cocoon and become that social butterfly that you’ve been all along. Summer is quickly approaching and it’s so important to make the most of your time with the people that surround you. So what are some ways to enjoy this beautiful season filled with blooming flowers and blossoming friendships?
Here’s some Sunny Suggestions to enjoy the Spring Quarter!
1. Visit the beach: It’s missed you the past couple months. Get your toes reacquainted with the sand and welcome back those long awaited waves. And if the shore is far away, then make use of a sound machine that makes that wave sound and a backyard that gets some sunlight. Hey, at least you avoid the tar in your toes part.
2. Invite a friend to fro-yo: The perfect treat for this time of year. My new favorite is Red Mango’s parfait cup; of which there is no empty space!
3. Float on the lazy river: You deserve a break. Bring a gal pal or boy pal (too bad it doesn’t have quite the same ring to it) along for the ride. And don’t think about what’s in the water; just keep your head above it and you’ll be good to go!
4. Go skating: The beach, especially Venice, is an awesome spot to skate along. It’s a great bonding experience—just be sure to wear your neon kneepads and excessively noticeable helmet. Better safe than sorry kiddos!
5. Make at least 5 new friends: Maybe this is a lot, maybe this is a little—but my point is that spring is a great time to meet new friends! Everyone wants to mingle and have fun so be a part of that. 90% of success in life is just showing up.
So I hope you’ll explore what spring has to offer, fellow butterflies. It’s a beautiful world out there—go out and be in it!
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook
Keep an eye out for the new website, www.thesunnygirl.com where there will be fresh ideas, fresh faces, and a fresh perspective on finding your personal happiness!