In the madness of midterms, my mind is jumbled up with random oddities and fun facts for why the world goes round. And in this day of mayhem, I feel like I’ve been able to extract some precious gems about how to live a fruitful life—which says so much more than a bubbled in multiple choice test ever could. So in the past 24 hours here are ten tokens that I’m taking with me into the test:
1. Say “I love you”: If you love someone, then tell them. Don’t save it for the special occasions. Save it for the boring, awkward, casual, happy, delightful, and every other type occasion that it could warrant. So…I love you Mom, I love you Dad, I love you Greg, I love you friends—If I can say it on a live blog, you can say it, too!
2. Give unto others as you give to yourself: Whether it’s frozen yogurt, a cup of tea, you name it—think of others along with yourself.
3. Be a fox: The best favors are the ones that go unnoticed. Be sneaky with your favors.
4. Laugh: A lot. You’ve got to find the laughter somewhere. Whether it’s thanks to your best friends or Steve Carrell, spend time with the people who can make you giggle.
5. Make plans: Do things today that inspire the future tomorrow. A hike today has become infinite hiking Thursdays for the future.
6. Sign up for things: Okay, I know I can overextend (don’t we all?) but give life a chance. It’s usually more fun than we think it will be.
7. Stop complaining: People don’t like it when you do it and you probably don’t like you when you do it. It’s really not as much of a bonding activity as people think it is.
8. Get excited about life: Whether it’s the royal wedding (can’t wait to blog about that!) or your new boyfriend (**wink wink to my friend); life is too short too not be beyond thrilled.
9. Check in with yourself: How are you actually doing? What have you learned recently? What is the best thing that happened to you recently? I’m asking myself all of these things. Honesty is the best policy.
10. Play the animal game: Random, I know. But it’s fun to guess what animals people are. I’m a bunny apparently.