Happy July 1st everyone! I can’t believe it. I love this time of year—June Gloom is over and we have nothing but fireworks and hot dogs to look forward to. Costco hot dogs preferably, but in my family–unlikely. Anyway, I hope you’re enjoying the summer sun in all its glory. I like to give you an update every month on how sunny the Sunny Side Up is and it is very, very sunny I’m pleased to announce!
Since officially launching our new website in May, we have garnered over 90,000 hits! That’s close to 50,000 each month. I couldn’t be more happy! Thank you so much for reading along and getting your daily dose of scripted sunshine.
The book is in its final leg of the writing race. I’ve written nearly 200 pages and I just have two more chapters to go. I’m getting antsy to finish! My goal is to finish writing this weekend and then move into the editing stage for July. My plan is to have it on the shelves by mid-August…I’m hoping!
Here’s what you can look forward to this month:
2. Commentary on the world: Now that I’m at my NBC internship, I have a new found love for current events and passing them on to you—with a touch of my perspective.
3. Studies and stories you’ve shared with me: Please keep them coming! I love when I get emails, Facebook comments, or messages. Anything that inspires you, makes you laugh, or makes you think is greatly appreciated. Please pass it on to me so that I can pass it on to you!
Here’s what you can do to make the Sunny Side Up shine a little brighter:
1. Please join our Google Friend Connect. I promise it won’t flood your inbox. It’s just to build a community and I want you to be a part of it. It only takes a second and it’s right on the right hand side of the page. See it?
2. Let me know if you know a great web designer. I am on the lookout and I’d love it if you had some suggestions.
3. Got a great interview? Please tell me! Stories are meant to be shared.
That’s all for now, folks! Just have a great day, ok?
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook