Carmageddon has come! Quite frankly, I’m sick of hearing about it and it may be turn out to be just a bunch of blown smoke. Thankfully that’s because people have paid attention to the signs they see every 5 minutes on the freeway that have been displayed for the past month. And as I write at 8:15 this morning, the roads are crystal clear. All the same, I certainly don’t want to venture out into this potential gridlock.
So what can you do to make the most of this car lockdown? Spend your life like you’re living in an Amish paradise, that’s what. That’s right—we can survive without our cars for two days. So here are some Sunny Suggestions:
1. Watch Harry Potter: Whether you’re a massive fan of the franchise or you’re a Hogwarts drop out—it’s worth watching the final showdown when “it all ends.”
2. Read a good book: When was the last time you couldn’t set a book down? Find one that you can’t take your eyes off of. And if you’re looking for some inspiration, I recommend looking at the New York Times Bestselling List, which you can see here.
3. Start, work on, or finish a project that you’ve been meaning to do: Whether you’ve wanted to learn how to surf or if you want to finish editing your book (like me!), it is a very rewarding feeling to know that you’re taking steps in the right direction. Today is the perfect day to do that without all of the distractions.
5. Get lunch with a friend: I always try to chat with at least one friend a day. Find your friend of the day to catch up with. No, I’m not suggesting you play favorites—just that you find a friend who could use a little TLC today.
6. Try out a new recipe: Whether you’re a master chef or you’re still learning what a spatula is, whip up something wonderful, whether it’s pancakes or pate.
7. Get your car fixed: Like me…
Carmageddon will come and go—those 53 hours will be up before we know it! But I hope you still have a happy weekend because, yes, we can survive without our cars–at least when it comes to the freeways.
Safe driving everyone!
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook