Whenever a new season comes around I’m always inspired to create a new set of goals. I’m motivated to organize my life and get my gears back in full swing. I think you always have to start a season right, and for me, that’s laying out some key plans for the upcoming quarter. This summer has been an extraordinary learning experience with my first job but now it’s time to get back in the mindset of school. (Suddenly school feels like work and work seems like fun!) Yet just because I feel a little sluggish going back to school, it doesn’t mean that I’m not going to make the most of the fall season (pumpkin ice cream, yes please). Here is a list of 20 goals for the upcoming quarter—Sunny Set in action!
School Season 2011-2012 Sunny Set
2. Hike to a waterfall and have a picnic at Griffith Park.
3. Make the most of every day at my E! News internship.
4. Finish editing the book and submit it to the publishing company by November 1, 2011.
5. See a musical.
6. Get straight A’s in my classes.
7. Keep in touch with my NBC connections and secure an internship for the summer.
8. Read 5 outstanding books (other than the textbooks that will consume my life…)
9. Take a two day vacation—maybe to San Diego?
10. Consider joining Bruin Belles—volunteer more, much more.
11. Do an outstanding job as Personnel Chair at my sorority. Keep the spirits up!
12. Post every day on my blog—hire a web designer to help spiffy it up a bit.
13. Keep a journal.
15. Get 7 outstanding interviews for my blog.
16. Doing something clever every week to make my boyfriend feel loved.
17. Get a literary agent, if need be.
18. Go to UCLA sporting events—be a proud Bruin!
19. Contact someone I love every day, be it a Facebook message or a phone call.
20. Plan a trip for some time in the following year that includes actually getting on a plane and going somewhere.
What are you setting your sights on this September and beyond?
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook