After my little hiatus (which has been anything but) I’m back to the blog! Boy, I missed it. Writing is my online oasis and if I go a few days without it, I start to get antsy (too bad it doesn’t work that way for the gym). In the past few days, a lot has happened in my life. Some exciting, some surprising, and all exhausting. So I’m taking a moment to reflect on my life the past few days…the good, the bad, and all the madness.
1. Since Wednesday, I have met over 100 girls during our sorority rush. We had 900 girls go through the Rush process at UCLA and it was merry but it was mayhem nonetheless. We now have 59 amazing new pledges and we are so excited to welcome them to Chi Omega. I can’t wait to get to know them better and here’s to a fantastic fall quarter!
2. I had my first day of work at E! News. Unfortunately I was so exhausted from Rush that I didn’t feel very well but I’m excited to come back on Wednesday and bring back my A game. I want to make the most of this opportunity and I can’t let it pass me by!
3. Our home is getting back to normal. I’m visiting home soon and it’s going to be very weird for me to see my bedroom, even though everything is back in place. Our house may be a little different but our family is only becoming stronger because of the recent events.
4. School has started: And I’m just now opening my books. I’m so excited for my classes this quarter. I’ll be learning about abnormal psychology, the psychology of human motivation, and communication studies. Right up my alley!
5. The book is in editing: Trying to find every spare minute to edit—this book means the world to me and I want to put my best into those pages. I’m getting more and more nervous but I’m even more anxious to get it out in print.
What have you been up to this week? What has made you happy—have there been moments, minutes, hours, or days of sheer bliss? I certainly hope so—you deserve nothing but the best.
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook
Please follow me on Twitter by clicking here!