Today is an extremely special day because it is one of my favorite people’s birthdays. You’ve probably seen me mention her here before, as she has been such an integral part of my life and I want to take this time to celebrate just how wonderful she is.
So, Auntie Nette, I hope you have an amazing birthday! I love you SO much!
You know I love Sunny Sets, so here is a set of six reasons why I love my Auntie Nette:
1. She gives the best hugs: No matter how long we’ve been apart, the embrace is always so comforting. When I was three years old and now as a 20 year old, I love getting hugs from Auntie Nette.
2. My call companion: I talk to Auntie Nette on the phone probably more than anyone else. Whenever I walk somewhere, she is the first one I call. I love to update her on the college scene and she always gives me the best advice. She’s a guiding light.
3. Her bacon and egg breakfast sandwiches: With butter. Auntie Nette, can you make another one next time you visit?
4. Walking down memory lane: We love to go down history road. Even though I don’t remember, my Auntie loves to retell the stories of my younger years. I feel like I was there! Wait, I was there…but I wish I had the memories that she does.
5. She takes amazing care of me: Whether it was when I was a toddler or recently this summer when I had my wisdom teeth taken out, Auntie Nette was always there with a handhold and a bowl of homemade tapioca. Mmm.
6. She loves me: And she always tell me. We tell each other how much we love and miss each other every day. Even though it’s been over 10 years since we haven’t lived in the same area, Auntie Nette has been and always will be a tremendous part of my life. I love you with all my heart!
Happy birthday dear Auntie Nette. You mean the world to me—from our daily conversations, our barley soup (remember the song?) and just sitting and talking while I took bubble baths (lol) you bring more happiness than just about anyone else. I wish I could be with you today but I’m so glad that I got to see you last weekend—I pray for you every day and I hope that today is an especially happy day.
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook