Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I can practically taste the pumpkin pie already. I am so incredibly excited to see my family and celebrate all that we cherish as a Cook clan (which don’t you know—because we are the Cooks, we are going to cook up one heck of a Thanksgiving). In our family, or rather, with my mother, we usually have three, yes THREE, turkeys: one roasted, one smoked, and one barbequed. All I care is that it isn’t Christmas Vacation dry. You know the movie.
So in light of this wonderful time of year, I wanted to especially give thanks and get the ball rolling before the gigantic turkey rolls out in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (another event that I can’t wait for!) Here are 5 of my Thanksgiving Treasures:
- Health: Of my parents and myself. I cannot imagine what life would be like if either of my parents were incapacitated in any way and I’m so glad that they can still climb right next to me on a hike (actually my dad usually beats me). I’m so grateful for my health as well—if there is one thing to take for granted, it is NOT your health.
- Love: I’m in it and it’s the best feeling to know that someone will always be there for you as you are for them. I love having him in my life—he adds so much happiness and I’ve learned so much through our relationship. His selflessness lessens any selfish only child tendencies I have—I have actually become quite the sharer since dating him!
- Chi Omega: This organization has taught me some of the best, but also the most challenging lessons. It has brought me immensely happy moments but it’s also carried me through some incredibly sad situations. No matter what I am going through, or what our chapter is going through, I will always be grateful for the girls that make this house what it is.
- My writing: It’s my therapy, my creativity, my well-being. I’m so thankful that other people enjoy the blog and I truly appreciate those of you who have reached out in this community. I am so excited for my book to be done with editing this Christmas (I am setting that goal for myself!) and I can’t wait to see what’s next for me on my journey.
- UCLA: I love this school with all my heart. It encompasses my life—the precious people, the extraordinary experiences, and dreams that I’ve been able to delve into here. I will be a Bruin till the day I die (no after I’m dead too, no Trojan conversion here) and I couldn’t think of a better place I’d rather be.
More thanks to come tomorrow in this week of thanks. Won’t you share what you’re thankful for this Thanksgiving?
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook
Please follow me on Twitter by clicking here!