The break is almost over—I start school again tomorrow. I’ve been dreading going back for a while now; not because I don’t love it there, just because it’s been so peaceful at home. I love getting to spend time with my family and my beloved Siamese cat and oh yeah, I have had NO schoolwork. That is all about to start up again tomorrow and I can’t say that I’m all too excited for it.
But that’s not the Sunny Girl spirit! So I’m shaping up today and because I love lists, I thought I’d come up with a few reasons for why we can’t wait to go back to school! (I’m not being passive aggressive here—at least I’m trying not to be). But in all seriousness, if you’re heading back to school like me, here are some reasons for why we should be HAPPY about it.
1. We’ll laugh more: When we’re with our friends, we’re guaranteed to laugh more than usual. If nothing more, looking forward to all the laughter and great times together is what gets me out the door.
2. That Chariots of Fire hug: The slow motion run until you hug. Don’t you love getting to see your friends after you’ve spent some time apart? There’s nothing like that first hug when you can finally see each other again. I can’t wait to see my friends tonight!
3. We’ll feel more productive: Yes, it might be hard to get back in the saddle but chances are you’ll feel better about yourself when you’re not sitting on the couch and watching reruns of Gilmore Girls all day. There’s a time and a place for that of course but it’s time to get back in the swing.
4. We’ll try something new: School can seem pretty mundane if you don’t switch it up a bit. Now that you’ve adjusted to this year thanks to the fall semester or quarter, add something new to your belt. This next quarter I want to take salsa classes! Keep it exciting.
5. We’ll settle in fast: Just like we’ve settled in at home or wherever you’ve been. Change can be challenging sometimes but you’ll probably adapt so quickly to school—it’ll be like you never left!
I heard a great quote yesterday in the movie, “Hope Floats” where the grandma said this: “Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will…”
Have a great first day back everyone!
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook
Please follow me on Twitter by clicking here!