I can’t believe that my spring break is already coming to a close. This year was particularly great but boy I would love just one more week. Although, I guess it’s good to end on a high note! In light of the Five Daily Gratitudes, I wanted to do a special edition—making it 10 today. Why not?
So what has made your spring break extra special this year? I want to hear all about it! Here have been my highlights:
1. Going to Disneyland with my mom: From getting stuck on California Screamin to watching World of Color, it was a magical day.
2. Visiting with my friend Hannah: She’s so funny and we always laugh so much together. A friend for life—especially when hot chocolate is included!
3. Shopping: An essential for spring break. The Loft has the sweetest spring collection right now.
4. Seeing the Hunger Games: I read the book and watched the movie all within a period of days. I’m not a die hard fan but I still enjoyed it.
5. Going to Ruth Chris: I usually don’t go for steak but at Ruth Chris, you go big or go home. I went all the way with the best filet mignon my mouth has ever met.
6. Baking with my friend, Lauren: We whipped up quite a storm this week. Cupcakes, rice krispies treats, and sugar cookies. My decorating skills are improving slowly but surely!
7. Getting a new laptop: Boy I am loving this. I think I need a term of endearment for it.
8. Editing my book: I’ve gotten through another round of editing. It’s progress. I wish I could solely focus my efforts on this project but it’s so hard to find the time when I’m in school.
9. A peace of mind: I would have missed my boyfriend so much this week if I wasn’t so busy myself. He was back east looking at law schools…no doubt it will be an interesting six months. Time will tell but I’m hopeful.
10. Getting my nails done: Quite frankly, my nails chipped the next day but the woman who did my nails was one of the nicest people I have ever met. It’s amazing what a little bit of kindness can do.
What are you thankful this week, spring break or not? I’m thankful for all of you!
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook
Please follow me on Twitter by clicking here!