Can you believe this school year is coming to a close? I can’t. As I write my last article for the quarter, it all seems to have gone by in a blur. (What would we do without Facebook photos to document it all?)
In fact, Facebook is my first stop whenever my memory is feeling hazy. While the year in retrospect seems to have breezed by, looking back on all the pictures makes me realize that yes, we’ve been in school for almost nine months and yes, we have done A LOT in that time.
So I hit up my albums and looked back—and because this is a Greek newspaper, I’m featuring my favorite Greek memories from the year. Hopefully it will inspire you to do the same. I think you’ll have that much more of an appreciation for the year when you make note of all the people and places that were apart of it.
The Sunny Times of This School Year:
1. Getting my two littles: I actually have triplets but the two new additions this year made my life that much happier. I love them both so much and I feel so lucky to have them in my life. My big sis and I are best friends and I hope I can pass that on to my littles as well.
2. Laser Tag with Pi Kapp: we meant business when we got our light packs. I may also score in the bottom three, but hey, I think I still have the best time. War paint and all, that was such a fun night.
3. Chi O hits Disneyland: 55+ girls took the Magic Kingdom by storm, even though it was pouring rain. Never mind, those ponchos came in handy for Splash Mountain later. From California Screamin to World of Color, it was a fantastic day and I loved getting to spend time with some sisters that I don’t get to see as often as I’d like. We’ve gotta do this trip again.
4. Celebrating my 21st: Three of my sisters and I spent the weekend at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa and it was the perfect getaway during the hum-glum of winter quarter. With massages and maybe a jello shooter (or two) to ring the big birthday in, it was a weekend to remember.
5. Surprising my boyfriend for his birthday: Ok, so this wasn’t exactly a Greek event but a lot of Greeks were there. This was my first surprise party that I hosted and I’m proud to say that I think he was actually surprised. I think everyone had a great time and it was so nice celebrating with the people we love.
6. Bringing Lisa Bloom to UCLA: It was an honor to bring my mentor to the Panhellenic Awards and her words of wisdom were truly inspiring. Her standing ovation that she received was well deserved and I can’t wait to read Lisa’s new book, Swagger.
7. Pi Kapp’s RoseBall: You’ve got to go to a fraternity formal at some point in your college career in my opinion. It’s a great opportunity to meet people in other houses and just relax for a day or two. Spending a Saturday in Palm Springs in the pool isn’t too bad if you ask me. When can I go back?
Those are just some of my favorite memories of the year—hopefully more are to come! I know that you’ve had amazing experiences this year as well, whether it was dancing 26 hours at Dance Marathon or taking that ski trip that you’d been wanting to go on. Celebrate this past year and get ready for an even better one next year!
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook