Do you ever feel like the anticipation is more exciting than the actuality of an event? I love looking forward to things in life; it’s so important to stay hopeful. Of course, you don’t want to build something up so much that you have nowhere to go but down, but I think it’s important to never stop believing in the best to come.
It’s a hot summer day and I’m already feeling so anxious for the fall and holiday season. It’s my favorite time of year. I love the little nip in the air (I don’t care if it’s imaginary since I live in California—I still like it). I love all the smells of the foods, particularly pumpkin. I love fireplaces, decorating for the holidays, and feeling grateful for a good year gone by.
Aren’t you excited as well?
To get in the spirit, I wanted to share what I’m looking forward to in the coming season—please share as well!
1. Dogsledding in Colorado: I’m going to visit my cousin in Boulder and I can’t wait for this adventure. I’ve wanted to do this ever since I watched Balto. (Children’s movies can give you some pretty big dreams I guess…let alone the Prince Charming complex).
2. Seeing the leaves actually change: I’ll be going to the East Coast for the first time in the autumn season. I’ll be visiting my boyfriend at Columbia and I can’t wait to go back to the city that I’ve only seen once thus far in my life.
3. Senior year at UCLA: How did that happen? I’m definitely still in summer mode when it comes to school but I want to make sure I really treasure and take in this last year as an undergraduate. I want to make it count more than ever.
4. Feeling cozy: Baking pies, decorating for fall, and eating all things pumpkin—I can already tell it’s going to be magical.
5. Getting my book published: I am in the final stages before I send it off to the publisher. I’m so excited to see my project go to print.
What are you looking forward to this upcoming season?
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook